The summer transfer campaign has brought a lot of interesting players to the national teams of England, Spain, Italy, Germany, and France. The main stars of the season are:
• Keylor Navas;
· Antoine Griezmann;
and, of course, the Portuguese.
Cristiano is one of the main favorites of the tournament. The player has already won the Golden Ball for the best player of the previous season, and he is now ready to take on the main rival of the Portuguese national team, France. Let’s see how the season will develop for the Portuguese team, and what will be the main goals of the team for the upcoming matches.
The Portuguese national football team is one the best teams in Europe. They have won the European Championship in 1996, and they have won gold medals at the World Cup in 2002 and 2010. The team has a very good squad, which can be considered as one of top-5 European teams.
In the current season, the team will play against the following opponents:
1. Spain. The Spanish national team is considered as the best in the world, and it is the main contender for the gold medals. The current season will be extremely difficult for the team, because it will have to face the following problems:
● A lack of motivation;
● A serious injury of one of its leaders;
● The absence of one or more stars.
2. Germany. The Germans are considered as a team that can challenge the Spanish and Spanish teams. However, the current results of the German team are not so good. They lost to Spain in the first round of the Champions League, and the team is not in the best shape at the moment.
3. Italy. The Italians have a good squad and are considered to be one of best teams of the Old Continent. However the current team is very unstable, and there are rumors that the coach of the national team will be replaced.
4. Portugal. The Portuguese national squad has a good lineup, and this is one reason why the team has so many chances to win the gold medal.
5. Belgium. The Belgian team is a real contender for gold medals, but the current form of the players does not allow them to compete against the Portuguese and Spanish national teams. The Belgians have a very difficult season ahead, because they will have the following tasks:
• To win the Champions Cup;
• The team will have a difficult time in the Europa League;
● They will have problems in the Champions Nations League; and
● They will not be able to win gold medals in the World Championships.
6. Sweden. The Swedish national team has good players, and many of them are considered among the best players of the world. However this season, they have not been able to show their maximum, and so far, they are not in a very strong form.
7. France. This team is the best of all the countries, and its main competitors are the Netherlands and Spain. However in the current campaign, the French national team looks very unstable.
8. Ukraine. The Ukrainian national team does not have a great lineup, but it has a lot to offer.
9. Norway. The Norwegian national team also has a long list of tasks, and a good chance to win medals.
10. Finland. The Finnish national team was not so successful in the last season, but there are still a lot more matches to be played.
11. Netherlands. The Dutch national team won gold at the European Championships in 2002, and in the next season, it will be very difficult to repeat this success.
12. Russia. The national team of this country is considered to have the best lineup in the Old World, and now it is very difficult for it to compete with the Netherlands.
13. Austria. The Austrian national team had a good season, although it is not considered as an elite team.
14. Iceland. The Icelandic national team plays in the top division of the Icelandic football league, and has a high probability of winning gold medals this season.
15. Switzerland. The Swiss national team started the season very poorly, and is not able to compete at the highest level.
16. Romania. The Romanian national team did not show its maximum, but this is not the main problem of the Romanian national football squad.
17. Australia. The Australian national team began the season quite well, and will be able not to repeat its success. However it will not win gold, because the main competitors of the Australian team are the English and the Spanish national football teams.
In order to understand the current situation of the teams, it is important to understand that the current tournament is the World Championship. The tournament is held every four years, and each country has a certain number of teams. For example, in the case of the European championships, the number of participants is equal to the number countries.
All the teams are divided into two groups. The teams in the group play in a round-robin tournament, and at the end of the series, the teams with the best records of results go to the playoffs.